mid 1840s - late 1910s
13.335 cm. W x 59.055 cm. L Item (Overall)
Description2 choppers, attached to wooden handles. Each chopper has a blade is 6" long and 5.25" across with maple handles, 14" inches long and fitted into an iron socket ring. The blade is driven into the wooden handle. These two blades were used to chop up meat or vegetables and used with a large wooden bowl. They were treasured by pioneer housewives. The inscription reads "E. Parker and Sons Trademark 3709 Sheffield Cast Steel" That means that they were manufactured between 1843 and 1919.
Related People and Organizations
Halvorson, Henry Gustav 1883-1960