9.25 long, 8.63 wide, 1.13 deep
DescriptionSquare ceramic plate; corners scalloped; fluted rim edged in gold; floral pattern in green and purple; a thickened “handle” protrudes slightly from two opposite sides; maker’s mark on bottom reads “SEMI-GRANITE / THE D.E. McN. P. CO. / LIVERPOOL”; wedding gift to George and Margaret Borrill in 1886.
Glaze is severely crazed and somewhat discolored; much of gold edging and floral pattern is worn away; a chip is missing from one corner.
Because the donor is known but no date of donation has been found, this artifact was added to 76.13 although it is not noted in the yellow notebook with the other items received 27 Sep 1976. Its old number of 755 suggests an actual donation date prior to the 1973 inventory.