DescriptionCollection of arrowheads and pottery shards that belonged to Marshall Johnson. He found some of the arrowheads near the State Fish Hatchery in Glenwood. There are 26 arrowheads or tools without writing, 16 arrowheads with writing - often noting Arkansas or New York, 13 miscellaneous stones and 22 potsherds.
In 2015, Archaeologists from the Minnesota Historical Society visited our museum and identified several of the pieces in this collection.
.1 Is a Middle Woodland fragment in Kathio or Blackduck style from about 1-500 CE.
.2 are fragments of Plains Village pottery from 1-1300 CE.
.3 is Brainerd ware - probably Minnesota's oldest pottery from about 1000 BCE - 400 CE.
Related People and Organizations
Johnson, Howard Bernard